Traffic Calming- Speed Humps
- Motorists routinely travel on this section of roadway at speeds greater than is reasonable and prudent for narrow roadway. This creates a hazardous environment for residents and their visitors, especially children and the elderly. This unreasonable speed creates the potential hazard of property damage to vehicles parked along the street. *This negatively impacts the livability of the neighborhood.
- The unreasonable speed that has been observed creates a potential hazard and calls for the installation of a minimum of four (4) speed humps to act as a traffic calming device.
- Code of the City of Albany; §323-59.1 Neighborhood Traffic Calming
- Motorists driving at unreasonable speeds violate the Code of the City of Albany; §359-18 subsections D and F.
- *Motorists driving at unreasonable speeds violate NYS VTL 1180a “No person shall drive a vehicle at a speed greater than is reasonable and prudent under the conditions and having regard to the actual and potential hazards then existing.”
- *Only addressing speed in excess of 30mph will not effectively address this issue. Due to the narrowness of the street, speed not reasonable and prudent must also be addressed.